Tuesday, January 5, 2010

All About Meve

Like a handful of select people, I was born and raised in the small town of Soda Springs, Idaho. I excelled through my schooling, mostly because expectations were rather low. At a young age, I wanted to be a musical astronaut, entertaining the future colonies of the stars. So, rightly, I began my college career as a Psychology major, partly in an attempt to understand why I was so weird, and partly so that I might be able to help other social outcasts like me. Over the following seven years, I turned my back on the sciences that I excelled at, much to the utter dismay of my beloved high school chemistry teacher, and became an English Major on the basis that I loved to read. Unfortunately it took me three years to realize that I wasn't pretentious enough to belong to this devilish brotherhood. I eventually realized I loved talking about words infinitely more than I did talking about hidden subtexts in Twilight, so I found my home in the English Language department and haven't looked back since.

An acknowledged anglophile, I realized my dream last summer when I traveled throughout England with fellow word nerds, studying the history and dialects of a language that has grown so close to my heart. I sincerely hope to be able to return there with a full time occupation, perhaps as a librarian, perhaps as an editor, or even as a busking astronaut, living off the dreams of children everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive